Do you like ice cream? Do you like making people smile? If so, then join us as one of our Concession Clerks! In this position, you will work at Interlochen Center for the Arts locations serving ice cream, snacks, drinks, concession meals, and more! You will bring joy to our guests, and other employees all year doing one of the COOLEST jobs on campus!
- Food and drink preparation (and other jobs as assigned) at any of our concession locations Clerks will be assigned to each area as needed.
- Maintain good communication with the manager, supervisors, co-workers, and all customers
- Maintain high-quality standards, safety, and sanitation in all areas
- Deliver quality customer service
- Keep the inside (counters, rugs, equipment, sink, and dishes) and the surrounding campus grounds clean and sanitary
- Must be able and willing to work nights and weekends, as scheduled
- Applicant must know how to run a cash register and be able to correctly count change, and work accurately and responsibly with money
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to customers’ orders
- Applicant must be at least 14 years of age at the time of application; prefer 16 and older due to late work hours and work permit regulations
- Experience at other coffee shops, restaurants, and/or ice cream shops is preferred
- Must be willing to work independently and as part of a team, as needed
- Must be able and willing to exert fast-paced mobility for up to five hours at a time, have the ability to bend and lift up to 30 pounds frequently, and have good hand and finger dexterity to prepare/serve food and drinks for/to customers
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen Center for the Arts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.