Do you like food? Are you friendly? Do you like hustle and bustle? We want YOU in our Dining Services Department!
Interlochen Center for the Arts (ICA), one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts is seeking to hire Part-Time Front of House Servers. The main responsibility of this position is to assist the Dining Services Management Team in providing meals to students, visitors and employees in a friendly customer service manner while ensuring that all safety and sanitary regulations are followed.
An expected workload of 20-24 hours weekly. Hours would fall within any of these shifts:
Breakfast 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. (under 16 cannot start until after 7 a.m.)
Lunch 10:30 a.m. to 2:30/3:00 p.m.
Dinner 4:30 p.m. to 8:00/8:30 p.m. (under 16 cannot work past 7:00 p.m.)
- Sets up serving lines, counters, salad bars, beverages and hot wells for all meals.
- Runs serving lines.
- Keeping the dining area neat, clean and orderly at all times throughout and in between the meal periods.
- Serves the customers in a friendly efficient manner.
- Keep the salad bar area fully stocked and cleaned.
- Washing dishes
- Must be flexible with scheduling and available to include weekends
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Understand basic safety and sanitation regulations.
- Have hand and finger dexterity to handle serving equipment.
- Be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Past food service experience is a plus.
If interested in applying please begin your application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page.
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts