Between two lakes. Amongst the trees. That’s where you’ll find Interlochen. It’s also where you’ll find passion and purpose that will stay with you long after your shift ends. Because as a member of the Interlochen family, you will form bonds that cross backgrounds and beliefs, abilities and nationalities. Working joyfully and contributing to the arts.
Interlochen Center for the Arts (ICA) is looking for outstanding people to fill the Full-Time and Part-Time Custodian role.
Each duty listed below can be done in a team assignment and/or an individual assignment
- Any and all areas of a building (inside and out) are fair game for cleaning, adjusting, fixing and attending too.
- Safely operates vehicles and other job related equipment
- Ability to lift and/or load 50 lbs
- Complies with ICA policies/procedures and acts as a good steward of ICA finances.
- Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all students, their families and the community.
- Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Any Housekeeping or Custodial experience regarded as a plus but not necessary. In house training for required expectation levels provided
- Ability to use typical equipment associated with a cleaning assignment including but not limited to mops, vacuums. cleaning chemicals & personal protective equipment
- Employee must be flexible with scheduling to include some peak cyclical / once only events that require support
- Must be able to lift & operate medium weight equipment associated w/position tasks including but not limited to floor buffers, vacuums, carpet extractors, hallway cleaners, mops & sweepers
- Usual work assignments require standing, walking, lifting & possible exposure to all outside weather conditions.
- Determine cleaning results meet ICA demonstrated standards and CDC requirements
- Must meet and maintain background screening requirements for as detailed in policy 12.HR.01 Pre-Employment and Employee Background Checks.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets the eligibility requirements of ICA’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
- Ticket discounts on Interlochen Presents “Featured Events” (when campus is open)
- Student performances/shows; up to two free tickets for most events (when campus is open)
- Tuition Discounts (up to 75%) for qualifying employee’s children at Academy and/or Camp
- AT&T and Verizon discounts
- Discount at the campus store – The Scholarshop
If interested in applying please begin your application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page. A resume is not needed but please complete the job history questions so that job experience can be reviewed. A review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in the strictest confidence.
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts.
Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.
Natural beauty. Amazing benefits. Dedicated co-workers who become like family. And work that you will wake up each day excited to do. It’s time to discover Interlochen.