Join Interlochen Arts Camp as one of Instructors of Visual Arts for the one-week Institute portion of our 2020 Camp season. The dates of employment are 6/20/20-6/25/20. The position provides instruction to students age 15-18 within our one-week drawing and painting intensive program. Housing and all meals are included with this position.Major Responsibilities:
- Minimum of 6 hours of studio instruction per day
- Coordination of studio set-up at the beginning of camp and tear down at the end
- Inventory and order supplies as needed
- Monitor open studio hours
- Supervise studio classrooms
- Assist with the department's public and community programs including Visual Arts Exhibitions
- Candidates must have or be working on their MFA, MA, or have equal related experience
- Preference will be for candidates who have experience with a variety of drawing and painting techniques and experience teaching the fundamentals of drawing and painting, as well as more advanced and experimental approaches
If interested in applying please begin your application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page. On the top of the application page, upload your resume FIRST by clicking “Upload Resume”. Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in the strictest confidence.
Application documents required for this position:
• Resume - required
• Cover letter - required
• Additional documents - a minimum of 7-10 samples of your artwork OR a link to your website showcasing your work
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts. Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen Center for the Arts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.