Join us as one of our Recording Engineers for the 2020 season of Interlochen Arts Camp. The Recording Engineers provide audio recording, editing, mastering, and distribution expertise for Interlochen Presents. In addition, you will set up and record music concerts and recitals, studio recording sessions, live radio broadcasts and audio duplication using digital recording, editing and audio mastering hardware and software. Housing and all meals are included with this position. The dates of employment are 6/15/20-8/10/20 and the stipend for this position is $2,243.
*Internship credit is available*
- Support Interlochen student productions
- Work closely with Summer Arts Festival guest artists including classical, jazz, dance, comedy, country, and pop entertainers
- Maintain and care for performance venues and recording equipment
- Strong working background in classical music and a solid theoretical and practical understanding of the concepts, techniques and technology involved in classical music recording, editing and production
- Ability to utilize advanced audio recording, mastering and editing techniques
- Ability to set up, calibrate and operate studio recording equipment
- Knowledge of systems analysis, system software and computer hardware
- Ability to install and maintain electronic recording studio equipment and facilities
- Able to manage calendar during very busy schedule
- Maintain service oriented attitude with faculty and staff
- Efficient at multi-tasking
- A collaborative, creative spirit is a required
If interested in applying please begin your application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page. On the top of the application page, upload your resume FIRST by clicking “Upload Resume”. Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in the strictest confidence.
Application documents required for this position:
• Resume - required
• Cover letter - required
• Additional information - attach 3 contrasting examples of recordings, with one at least being classical (or provide a link to the recordings)
More information about Interlochen Center for the Arts:
A global destination for artists and arts enthusiasts, Interlochen Center for the Arts nurtures creativity through five dynamic platforms: Interlochen Arts Camp, the renowned summer arts program; Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premier fine arts boarding high school; Interlochen Presents, a producer of more than 600 annual performances by internationally celebrated guest artists, Interlochen students, and faculty; Interlochen Public Radio, two listener-supported, 24-hour public radio stations (classical music and news); and Interlochen College of Creative Arts, a convener for lifelong learning in the arts. Since 1928, Interlochen’s mission to inspire people worldwide through excellence in the arts and education has produced generations of purposeful creative lives. For more information, visit interlochen.org. Follow Interlochen Center for the Arts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube at @interlochenarts.